Men might hit the gym, eat right and even take supplements in their quest for good health and a positive appearance.
Too often, however, men neglect taking care of a specific body part that is essential to good health: their skin.
We all need to care for our facial skin for the same reasons we need to care for our hair, our teeth, and our digestive system – because lack of care accelerates the effects of aging. Our skin is a living tissue. It is vulnerable to harmful effects of air pollution, dietary habits and, unfortunately, to the passage of time.
Historically, skincare and particularly skin procedures have been lumped into the “beauty” category and, as a result, have become the domain of women. Women have been making use of skin care and non-surgical skin procedures for decades, yet it seems men are finally catching on.
Which is a good thing, because even though signs of aging appear later for men than women, when they do appear for men, they come in a BANG! More quickly and more fully formed.
More men are now pursuing healthier, younger-looking skin, making it a great time for men to evaluate their skin care routine and learn more about the non-surgical treatments for men that have become increasingly popular in the last decade. Seriously guys, everyone is doing it!
SOME TREATMENTS INCLUDE:
- Anti-wrinkle injections are the non-surgical way to smooth wrinkles and fill lines instantly. Including deep set wrinkles like frown lines and crow’s feet.
- Laser rejuvenation reduces enlarged pores, diffuses facial redness, tightens and smooths the skin.
- Micro-sclerotherapy removes red veins and broken capillaries, especially on the nose, cheeks and chin.
- Microdermabrasion is a deep exfoliating treatment used to remove dead skin cells and clean out pores. Promoting new skin cell growth, leaving skin clearer.
- Most procedures require very little time investment, yet you reap the benefit of long term natural looking results.
Team a treatment with a simple daily skincare routine and you won’t look back.
6 SIMPLE TIPS FOR EVERYDAY SKIN CARE
- Consider product labels and ingredients. Use a well formulated skincare product. They protect the skin, they boost blood circulation, and they are loaded with active ingredients, vitamins, and fatty acids that nourish the skin.
- Wash your face daily and after exercise. Because regular bar soap often contains harsh ingredients that can be drying to the skin, wash your face with a mild facial cleanser and lukewarm — not hot — water.
- Watch your shaving technique. For some men, multi-blade razors can work too well or shave too closely to your skin. If you often experience razor bumps, razor burns, or ingrown hairs, use a single- or double-blade razor instead and do not stretch your skin taut while shaving. Before you shave, wet your skin and hair to soften it.
- Moisturise daily. Moisturiser works by trapping water in your skin, which can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and make your skin look brighter and younger.
- Check your skin regularly. New spots or moles that itch, bleed, or change colour are often early warning signs of skin cancer. If you notice any suspicious spots, make an appointment with your doctor.
- Wear sunscreen whenever outdoors. To help prevent sun damage that can lead to wrinkles, age spots and even skin cancer, before going outdoors, apply sunscreen to all exposed areas of skin, including your scalp, ears, neck and lips.
It’s easy to feel good in your skin by following a simple skincare routine and getting a boost with one of the many common types of non-surgical procedures.
Remember, ‘They will notice, but they won’t know!’